Greater Moncton, N.B. – The Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport (YQM) is proud to share with the community our main 2018 achievements as well as our undertakings for this upcoming year. These set priorities are linked to our strategic objectives, which are to: provide the best air service and customer experience in New Brunswick, ensure effective governance and financial stewardship, maintain and strengthen our competitive advantages in Atlantic Canada and an unwavering commitment to the stakeholder community and the environment.
“2018 was an extremely successful year from the operational and financial perspective. In 2019 we are focusing on leveraging this strong performance and re-investing in our core infrastructure to best support our customers’ needs and ensure safe operations.”, explains Bernard LeBlanc, YQM President and CEO.
Main 2018 accomplishments:
- Achievement of best passenger traffic year in our history at 681,437!
- Achievement of best international cargo volume and revenue year in our history with over a million kilograms!
- Achievement of Airport Carbon Accreditation Level 2 (of 4 levels) certification for effective carbon management and achieving reductions in our carbon emissions.
- Investment in energy efficiency and carbon footprint reduction initiatives (terminal lighting and voltage harmonization) resulting in significant and ongoing cost savings.
- Expansion of main parking lot (by 52 spaces) to better accommodate peak seasonal travel demand.
- Sustainable long-term cost reductions through automation of our parking lot.
- Customer and user initiatives such as: cell phone waiting area, water bottle filling station, and pet relief area.
- Completion of a 20-year Master Plan with significant community input.
- Very strong financial results with excess of revenues over expenditures of $3, 366, 390.
- Focus on the customer with an emphasis on development of an airport culture and customer service program.
- Very significant year for capital investments:
- Resurfacing of 6150 feet of main runway 06/24 – cost estimated at $7 million
- Coordinating with Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) to replace “hold bag screening equipment” – total project value in the $5 million range
- Conversion of the groundside bar area to an accessible airside bar with enhanced offerings and an elevator for mezzanine access
- Airport Carbon Accreditation Level 3 certification.
- Focus and emphasis on achievement of 2018-2021 Strategic Plan priorities.
About Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport (YQM)
YQM is a progressive airport and the leading airport in the central Maritimes. 24/7/365 – everyone associated with the airport strives to provide superior air service to passengers travelling all over the world and to the global cargo industry -safe, convenient, efficient, bilingual and businesslike.
YQM also strives to maximize its contribution to local and regional economic and community development – it currently drives over $665 million of economic activity annually, making it one of the top private-sector economic contributors to New Brunswick’s economy.
Your economy. Your airport.
For more information:
Julie Pondant, Corporate Communications Specialist
506-856-5459 or 506-962-2830