DIEPPE – The Greater Moncton International Airport Authority (GMIAA) is pleased to announce the appointment of Arthur Allan and Scott Lewis, both will be part of the Board for a 2 year term.
Welcoming the appointment, Airport Authority Chair of the Board of Directors, Mr. Chris Bacich, said “We are very pleased to welcome Mr. Allan and Mr. Lewis to the GMIAA Board. Arthur Allan brings extensive experience in the aviation industry both in the private sector and during his career with Transport Canada and Scott Lewis brings much knowledge in business management and investment to the table. At the same time, three terms have expired on the Board and we would like to thank André Pelletier, who was also a past Chair as well as Gil Meredith and Brian Donaghy for their valuable contributions and strategic insight over these past nine years. ”
A few facts on Arthur Allan:
- Is retired from an executive position at Transport Canada where he shared responsibility for the development and implementation of the national aviation oversight program
- Has an educational background in public administration and aviation safety
- Has been an active member on several community boards such as Co-Op Centre Ltd and was the Chair of the Regional Aviation Safety Council
- Is appointed by the Town of Riverview
A few facts on Scott Lewis:
- After acquiring his BA (major Economics & minor Marketing), he earned his MBA and subsequently his Chartered Investment Manager (CIM) designation
- Spent the early part of his career in the Oil & Gas industry, overseeing more than 100 employees in his role as General Manager of a marine transportation company with world-wide operations. Now is a partner in Louisbourg Investments
- Is the past Chair of the Board of Directors of the Greater Moncton Chamber of Commerce, a past board member with the Economic Leadership Council and current member of the Events Moncton Committee
- Is appointed by the Greater Moncton Chamber of Commerce (GMCC)
As a financially independent, not-for-profit corporation, the GMIAA Board has been able to attract some of the region’s strongest leaders to oversee the organization’s strategic direction. With operating revenues in excess of $18 million annually and providing air service to more than 650 thousand passengers in 2016, the GMIAA is a strong economic leader, delivering a total regional economic impact of over $665 million annually.
About Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport (YQM)
YQM is a progressive airport and the leading airport in the central Maritimes. 24/7/365 – everyone associated with the airport strives to provide superior air service to passengers travelling all over the world and to the global cargo industry -safe, convenient, efficient, bilingual and businesslike.
YQM also strives to maximize its contribution to local and regional economic and community development – it currently drives over
$665 million of economic activity annually, making it one of the top private-sector economic contributors to New Brunswick’s economy.
Your economy. Your airport.
For more information:
Corporate Communications Specialist
506-856-5459 or 506-962-2830