The Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport (YQM) is committed to safeguarding the environment by minimizing the impact our operations may have on our surroundings.
We accomplish this through policies and procedures that are integrated in the Airport Authority’s culture. With an Environmental Management System based on ISO 14001, YQM is committed to not only meeting federal environmental regulations but striving to exceed applicable requirements and standards. We do this through our commitment to continually improve our environmental performance.
Our Environmental Commitment
Our environmental policy is the foundation of our Environmental Management System and the points are implemented through the effective management of this system.
The Authority’s Environmental Policy is to:
- Meet or exceed all applicable laws, regulations and industry codes of practice while providing superior airport services;
- Identify, assess, and continually review environmental hazards and targets associated with airport operations through an appropriate management system;
- Integrate environmental management measures into airport planning, design, construction and operation;
- Prepare for environmental emergencies and co-ordinate contingency plans with responsible authorities in adjacent communities;
- Ensure employees, business partners and contractors are aware of and comply with applicable environmental policies and procedures and provide training where necessary;
- Strive to meet targets for the continual improvement of environmental performance and pollution prevention;
- Commit to reducing our carbon footprint through sustainable practices and planning;
- Communicate openly with employees, business partners, and the public on environmental aspects of airport operations and development.