Dieppe, NB: Registration opens today as the Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport (YQM) announces it will be hosting its annual runway run on Saturday, June 23rd.
This unique event gives the opportunity for the participant to run or walk 5km directly on the runway. By running or walking you are supporting your community through the United Way. You are helping to build the region for all the people that live here by providing essential services and support to individuals and families. You are helping kids be all that they can be, you are helping build strong communities and you are helping people move from poverty to possibility.
“We invite the community to come join the fun as our goal is to have a sold out race with up to 250 participants. We are proud to contribute all proceeds to the United Way. A big thank you goes out to our event sponsor, WestJet, for contributing a pair of tickets to be drawn on race day”, says YQM President and CEO Bernard LeBlanc.
Registration will start today and can be done via Race Roster at https://raceroster.com/YQM Runway Run. The public is invited out to the airport for the festivities and to cheer on the runners when they take off at 8:30 a.m.
- Event Details: Runway Run/Walk – 5K
- Date: Saturday, June 23, 2018
- Race Start: 8:30 a.m.
- Location: 1579 Champlain Street (Air Control Tower/Old Terminal Building)
- Registration Fees: $35.00 (adult) and $15.00 (youth)
- Fees include: Vacuum insulated bottle, medal and post-race refreshments
- To register: https://raceroster.com/YQM Runway Run
- All proceeds go to: United Way of Greater Moncton & Southeastern New Brunswick
- Prize: Everyone who registers (other than airport authority employees) will be eligible to enter into a draw to win a trip for 2 anywhere WestJet flies (must be 18 years of age or older to receive a ballot. Additional raffle tickets for the prize will be available to purchase on race day which the public will be able to purchase as well. The proceeds will go to the United Way.
About Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport (YQM)
YQM is a progressive airport and the leading airport in the central Maritimes. 24/7/365 – everyone associated with the airport strives to provide superior air service to passengers travelling all over the world and to the global cargo industry -safe, convenient, efficient, bilingual and businesslike.
YQM also strives to maximize its contribution to local and regional economic and community development – it currently drives over $665 million of economic activity annually, making it one of the top private-sector economic contributors to New Brunswick’s economy. YQM is a member of Vantage Airport Group.
Your economy. Your airport.
For more information:
Julie Pondant, Corporate Communications Specialist
506-856-5459 or 506-962-2830