Registration opens today as the Greater Moncton International Airport (GMIA) announces it will be hosting its first runway run on Saturday October 1st. The goal is to walk or run 5 kilometres in order to raise money and awareness for the United Way. Organized in partnership with the Running Room, registration will start today, June 8th, and can be done via their website at www.runningroom.com or by dropping by their store on Main Street in Moncton. Everyone is invited out to the airport for the festivities and to cheer on the runners when they take off at 8 a.m.
‘Lace up your sneakers and come join the fun as our goal is to have a sold out race with 250 participants in order to help our local community by contributing all proceeds to the United Way. A big thank you goes out to our main sponsor, WestJet Airlines, for contributing a pair of tickets for a draw for participants in the event, says GMIA President and CEO Bernard LeBlanc’.
- Event Details: Runway Run/Walk – 5K
- Date: Saturday, October 1, 2016
- Race Start: 8 a.m.
- Location: Airport Operations Facility, 225 Aviation Avenue (next to the airport terminal)
- Registration Fees: $35.00 (adult) and $15.00 (youth)
- Fees include: T-shirt, medal and post-race refreshments
- To register: www.runningroom.com or fill out a form at the Running Room store (300 Main Street)
- All proceeds go to: United Way of Greater Moncton & Southeastern New Brunswick
- Prize: Everyone who registers will be eligible to win a trip for 2 anywhere WestJet flies (some restrictions apply and need to be 18 years of age)